My Cancer-isms or little Idioms to keep the laughter and the calm.
- Chemo Jail: Yes, this is where I go every Monday to get dosed
- Taxed: Taxol (a very taxing chemo)
- Stripped: Streptozocin (another chemo)
- Fucked: 5 FU (come on, this stuff writes itself!)
- Eye of the Tykerb: Tykerb…though I had to kick it to the curb, you know what I’m talking about
- Out of it Pants: Ativan (the mild amnesia cancer sleep aid)
- Meow Scan: (CAT Scan…a friend gave me this)
- Buffy Hands: (My scaley fingernail-less side effects hands that look like a demon spawn from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Navy Bean: Navelbine (the new drug I am set to try out) seriously though….they do write themselves!!
- Chemo Brain: I think we all know this one.
- The Electric Koolaid: Adriamyacin
- A-Fortune-For: Afinitor (as of Oct. 2012, the drug of choice)